Renee Erickson is a native Kansan, born in Newton and a graduate of Newton High School. Her parents owned and operated the grocery store in Valley Center, where she also worked, before they moved to Lyons, where they operated a restaurant until their retirement. These experiences taught Renee how small businesses are the lifeblood of the Kansas economy.
Renee earned scholarship offers, which allowed her to graduate from Hutchinson Community College and Oklahoma Christian University with a degree in Business Administration. She also earned a degree in Business Education from Wichita State and two Master’s Degrees; one in Public School Administration from Baker and another in Family Life Education and Consultation from K-State.
After staying home with her children for a few years, Renee began her professional career, working as an educator for Parents as Teachers, a financial planner for a major investment company, a high school teacher, a data and assessment coordinator at North High, as director of the USD 259 instructional technology center, director of 3 adult learning centers in USD 259, and finally as a middle school principal in Wichita.
Following their retirements, (Renee’s husband’s retired as principal of Newton High), Renee and her family moved to east Wichita and have worshipped at a local congregation here for several years. Her children and grandchild live in the area as well, which allows for Sunday dinners together as a family. Renee’s children are college graduates and gainfully employed.
More ABout Renee
- Born in Newton; graduated from NHS
- Parents owned and operated the grocery store in Valley Center (where she worked) and then moved to Lyons and operated a restaurant until their retirement
- Played basketball at HCC and Oklahoma Christian
- Degrees in Business administration (OC) and Business education (WSU) and Master’s (2) in public school administration (Baker) and FLEC (K-State)
- Worked for Parents as Teachers
- Worked as a financial planner for a major investment company
- Teacher at Newton HS
- Data / Assessment coordinator at North High
- Wichita USD 259 instructional technology director
- Direct of 3 learning centers (for adults) through USD 259
- Served as a middle school principal in Wichita
- Renee strongly supports technical education
- Worships at the Northside Church of Christ
- Renee’s children are college graduates and gainfully employed
- Husband is a retired high school principal
- Pro-life, has volunteered for Kansans for Life, and has been endorsed by Kansans for Life in the past
- Pro-2nd Amendment and a concealed carry license holder. Rated “A” by NRA and endorsed by KRA